There was a time, in the not so distant past, when a trip out to your neighborhood video store with the family was a monthly or weekly treat. If you were lucky enough to get an even bigger video rental store which had several copies of new releases and thousands of DVDs on hand, there was a fairly good chance you could locate flicks to match everyone. But a few things have occurred since the days with transformed video rental stores all but obsolete.
To begin with, big box shops such as Blockbuster have been driven from the bricks and mortar video rental internet business to find salvation online. For virtually all of us, our video stores are nothing more than corner convenience merchants with just a few hundred films on hand at any time. Space is in a premium for these males so they can only manage to get some copies of new releases in conjunction with a smattering of more mature movie rental titles readily available at any moment. It’s a bit frustrating to get out simply to find the movie you’d your heart set on is invariably out there.
In addition, next day return shipping and also the inconvenience that it suggests, usually finds us racking up late fees which usually would have exercised cheaper for us in case we would purchased the DVD instead. And let’s say you are heading out holding a road trip or even to the cottage for a weekend – twenty four hour rental periods simply don’t cut it for a great deal of us. And how about the actual rental fee? $3 or more per movie rental? Everyone with a cable or maybe satellite subscription has access to pay-per-view movie rentals, and also the concept is quite sound. The drawback is that normal pay-per-view rentals cost five dolars or perhaps more. I am undecided the handiness warrants that much more.
Perhaps it is time you rent movies online!
Why? Well, rather than run on about online movie rental and why It’s the appropriate selection for you, let me To state my case with the following summary of 10 Reasons it’s Time That you should Rent Movies Online!
1. Selection. If you rent movies online from instant video streaming or DVD by mail providers, you’ll commonly have access to anywhere from a few thousand about 80,000+ movie and TV titles to select from. Your neighborhood video store probably cannot hold a match to that kind of choice.
2. Availability. In all but some rare exceptions, the movie you’d like is constantly offered. Most DVD by mail services have a large number of copies of individual film titles on hand. Instant video streaming services as Netflix have zero limitation on the number of members watch specific video titles. In case you rent movies online, your favorites are usually out there.
3. Savings. When you rent movies online from DVD by mail services, they ordinarily have subscription plans which allow various DVD rentals, some even unlimited, per month for month fees as low as $5.95. Even in case you simply rent movies online only twice per month, you are already ahead. With instant video streaming services, common plans run from about $8+ per month or maybe, in case you choose a per rental provider like iTunes or YouTube, you’ll generally spend $0.99 – $3.99 per online movie rental. Though the latter might be close in price to what you’re presently paying out at the neighborhood video store of yours, you have to consider both points one and two (Selection, Availability) and, much more notably, stage four which is “Convenience”.
4. Convenience. Your local video outlet or convenience shop won’t ever be as simple for you as if you rent movies online. Bottom line – looking for a web based movie rental from your computer system, tablet or TV would mean you don’t need to leave the family home for movie night again. And online movie rental providers are available 24/7 which in turn means, you can rent movies on-line anytime you would like, day time or night , from nearly anywhere. Instant video streaming services will let you choose a film and start seeing right away. DVD by mail services will take flicks to the mailbox of yours, for free, within one – 3 times.
5. No late charges – ever! This’s a great one for me and maybe for you also. When you rent movies online from instant video streaming services you usually have up to 30 days or weeks to start watching your movie and also twenty four to 48 many hours to enjoy it as frequently as you like. After that time period has elapsed, the rental is automatically deleted from your rental library. If you rent movies from an unlimited subscription provider like Netflix then there is no limitation on the quantity of times you view a movie and you also won’t ever have to make sure to send it back. On the DVD by mail side, they don’t have late fees or perhaps due dates. Instead, they frequently place a cap on the number of DVD videos you can rent at one time. You can hold on to them for days, weeks or months and send them back when you are done. This’s especially neat when renting children’s films as, we all realize, they might watch the very same a digital movie a few times one day for many days on end.
6. Browsing. The local video store of yours will commonly have a structure or section committed to fresh releases. The majority of the catalog of theirs will be organized alphabetically or perhaps by genre and not at all. Browsing for film titles are able to take a long time if you are undecided. When you rent films online, all providers offer up all too easy to use websites which allow you to search for movies alphabetically, by actor, by director, by year, by genre, by rating and other things. Picking a movie to view online is a snap.
7. TV Shows and special genres. I know the sort of falls under “Selection” however, the point is, the majority of smaller video stores just do not stock Seasons of your favorite TV shows. And they generally don’t carry much in the way of Foreign Language films, Documentaries plus obscure movies.
8. Interactive features. One great factor about online video rentals when browsing your provider’s site stands out as the ability to view trailers, read viewer opinions and lots of also provide a suggestion feature which will present you with similar titles for you to check out.
9. Flexibility. When you rent films online for download or to watch immediately, you have many options as far as equipment go. You are able to watch on Internet enabled TVs, BluRay players, gaming consoles such as Wii – Xbox – PS3, PC, Mac, tablets along with other handheld devices. Granted, only some services let you stream on every one of these devices, although you certainly aren’t confined to just watching on your TV.
10. Options. Most small towns or even neighborhoods might only have a few video rental stores that you can pick from and most with pretty much the same pricing and selection. When you rent movies online, you’ve extra options at your fingertips. You are free to choose a DVD by mail or perhaps instant movie streaming provider and in case you do not love their selection or service you are able to check out a multitude of other providers. Not one of them have long term contracts to bind you to the service of theirs.
Plus, although this is speculated to be a listing of 10 reasons to rent movies online, here’s just one more. Many online movie rental services extend free trial periods from two months to one month so that you are able to test out if you prefer the service.